Halloween is just a few days away and I’m still soaking up every ounce of spooky fun I can. Follow me on Instagram to see what seasonal shenanigans I’m up to today – @anthropojenic. Trust me… you won’t be disappointed!
If you’re still looking to get into the spirit, why not read up on one of my Halloween posts?
- Halloween Spellbook Scrapbook – Learn how to create your own scrapbook that doubles as a decorative spellbook.
- 13 Days of Halloween Countdown – We may be well into the countdown to Halloween, but you can get great deals right now on supplies to make this project for next year.
- 7 Favorite Halloween Movies – Nothing you gets into the spirit of Halloween like watching movies (all family-friendly, of course).
- Simple Paint Pen Pumpkin – Go buy a fake pumpkin on sale and make this cute decor in 15 minutes or less!
- 7 Favorite Halloween Decorations – Check out my favorite decorations I’ve collected over the years.
- Halloween Witch Cross Stitch Pattern – Hey – while you’re enjoying a marathon of Hocus Pocus on FreeForm, why not cross stitch a primitive inspired witch pattern?
- Pumpkin Carving Gallery – Haven’t carved your pumpkins yet? Check out my past designs and maybe you’ll get a little creative inspiration.
My favorite day of the year has finally come and I had so much fun carving pumpkins this year! Sticking with the Harry Potter theme (did you see Jax’s adorable Dobby costume?!), I had planned to make Mad Eye Moody and Snape pumpkins. However, my local Sprouts only carried these beautifully perfect round gourds and I faced some pattern sizing issues.
Turning Jax into an adorable version of Dobby the House Elf from Harry Potter was so simple. All I needed was a pillowcase, stuff to stain the fabric, and a sock.
I’m not a fan of scrapbooking. In my post about our wedding scrapbook, I described scrapbooking as “condensed hoarding”. I find the entire process to be overwhelming – collecting the pictures and stickers, thinking of clever layouts and designs, and ugh! the time it takes to put everything together! However, occasionally, I come up with an idea that is too much fun to resist.
I’ve always wanted to make a spellbook for Halloween decorations, but I couldn’t see putting in all the effort for something that would just sit on a shelf and never be looked at. No matter how many fake potions or spells I put into the book, it would never be looked at. So what purpose could it serve? Why, a scrapbook, of course! Read More »