Like many women, my beauty routine oscillates between maximum and minimal effort. Some days I’m feeling glamorous and pull out the full routine – foundation, contouring, highlighting, fancy eyeshadow, the works! Other days, eh – I just want to look like I’ve made a little effort even though I’m not feeling it. Oddly enough, the latter doubles as my vacation and travel routine unless attending an event (e.g. wedding or conference). These seven beauty supplies have become necessities when it comes to my beauty regime.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost – My skin has never felt healthier than when I switched to Hydro Boost. I’ve always used Neutrogena lotions and gels but moving to the arid Arizona climate, this has made all the difference in protecting and plumping my skin.
- Too Faced “Better Than Sex” Mascara – The name of this mascara always makes me giggle like a teenage boy and I’m not sure I’d say it truly is better than sex. However, I love the brush on this mascara and it does last all day without reapplication or flaking.
- Garnier Fructis Style Smooth Air Dry Anti-Frizz Cream – Admittedly, I am the laziest when it comes to my wavy hair. I just have a lot of it. Blowing drying takes forever and inevitably I feel like I have to flat-iron or curl it. This product has been a godsend! I’ve never had an anti-frizz leave-in product feel light and work so well.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Liquid Eye Makeup Remover – Leftover eye makeup irritates the crap out of my eyes. I’ve been using this makeup remover almost 15 years and I don’t see changing anytime soon.
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream – This product changed my life! Admittedly, I had never heard of tinted moisturizer until I read a celebrity interview and she mentioned it was part of her daily routine. What is this miracle product? I did a bunch research about what was best for my skin type and desired coverage. bareMinerals became my solution. Light coverage like foundation but takes half the time to apply and a quarter of the effort. So on days when I don’t want my coworkers asking “What happened to your face?” or I’m meeting a friend for a quick lunch, I pull out my tinted moisturizer.
- Sephora Collection Blush – A little blush never hurt anyone. The staying power of Sephora’s blush is perfect for me.
- CoverGirl Colorlicious Oh Sugar! Tinted Lip Balm – This was a new find and I use it all day, every day. The color slides on like a balm without the drying effect of lipstick. I also selected a subtle color to complement my skin tone so I don’t have overdone lips with my “lazy” routine.
What beauty supplies can you not live without?
This blog post was not sponsored but contains links as part of an affiliate program I participate in. Meaning, if you click through and purchase, at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission. I have student loans to pay… help a sister out.