Aloooha! We’ve spent the past week in Kauai, soaking up as much sunshine as possible while exploring the island. This island has so much beauty to take in! From Waimea Canyon, to the varying beaches, to the dense tropical terrain of the Na Pali coast. Along the way, we poked our head into every store, art gallery, and souvenir stall we could. The creative inspiration was overwhelming! I’m always in awe of other’s talent and could feel my own ideas hitting me right in the forehead. Here are seven pieces of inspiration I picked up along the way.
- Ocean-Themed Placemats and Napkins: I’ve had my eye open for new placemats and cloth napkins (yes, I’m that person.) The struggle has been in finding designs that fit our tastes. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me to make my own! I saw a design that sparked so many ideas. Be prepared!
- Photo Transfers onto Wood: This was a big craft a few years ago that I never attempted. We saw an example of nature images transfer to wood by a photographer and I have to try it. The organic textures behind the scenic image is powerful.
- Plumeria: The plumeria has really grown on me. I wasn’t the biggest fan of this flower until this trip and now I know I need to do something with it. Maybe on my Cricut or embroidery. Still rolling ideas around in my head.
- Baby Onesie Ideas: Omg! So many cute and clever puns! Even better is coming up with gender neutral designs. Time to break out the Cricut and I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a screen printing kit. Either way, mama is going to make some outfits for baby!
- Seashell Artwork: We have sooo many shells left over from our Coastal Christmas decor. I have a solid idea of how to put them to good use.
- New Cross Stitch Patterns: A few years ago, I started making my own 5″x5″ beginner cross stitch designs. I got completely sidetracked with other projects but after this week, I have about 20 ideas I want to bring to life.
- Clever Rope Work: For the nursery, we wanted to use rope in a few ways, and man, do we have some ideas! We’re mulling around a few projects but know for sure we’re going to make rope curtain tie backs.
So much creative work to get done! Now to make time.