Happy glorious Sunday, everyone! The past few weeks have been absolute chaos and it has been nice to slow down to catch my breath. Our home is finally functionally organized (the picture above is my scrapbook paper draw) and the project list has shrunk significantly. We’ve been able to move onto leisurely things like going to the movies and cross stitching. Have you seen my latest project on Instagram? I’m making an alphabet sampler for the nursery that was too cute to pass up.
In all the chaos of life, my brain is flittering in a thousand different directions. Here are my seven current obsessions take up all my energy.
1. Rebranding the Blog and Etsy Shop : Don’t laugh! For longtime readers, we’ve been down this path before. When I chose Anthropojenic, I thought I was being clever. Turns out the name is super hard to say and remember. I simply don’t love it anymore and want to move towards something I can grow with. I have a few ideas – just mulling them over so I make a permanent decision. I’ve also been working to bring the blog back to its core purpose – crafting and DIY. If you haven’t checked it out yet, take a gander at the navigation bar. Notice anything different?
2. Cross Stitching : The move was so taxing that I never had the energy to make cross stitching a priority. I can’t tell you how good it feels to pick up a needle and thread again.
3. My Erin Condren Planner : I’ve always preferred to write things down rather than put information into an electronic calendar. My planner is perfect for planning my priorities and ensuring I don’t forget anything.
4. Nursery Planning : Ah, nesting. We’re piecing together a Disney ocean themed baby room and the process has been so fun. What is a “Disney ocean theme”? Well, since we aren’t finding out the gender, we wanted a neutral but fun room. So, we’re blending together the characters and movies that involve the ocean – think: Moana, Pirates of the Caribbean, Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Peter Pan, etc. We’re loving how it’s coming together and can’t wait to share it with you!
5. Decorating : Our house may be functionally organized but the decorating has just begun. We still have most of our decor in boxes in the garage and are trying to be thoughtful about where (if at all) their new place is in our new home. The process is slow, but there’s no need to rush.
6. My Projects List : Everything from small tasks around the house to my incomplete craft project collection is on the list. I’m slowing ticking things off – mixing in fun with productive. The list will never end though, so I’m enjoying the fruits of my labor instead of stressing over the length.
7. My Pregnancy Pillow : While not taking up brain space or energy, I am certainly obsessed with it. Pregnancy can be inexplicably uncomfortable and having a tool to ease lounging and sleeping is clutch.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Try to avoid the Sunday Scaries!