- Warmer Weather. I am not a fan of cold weather so when the sun starts to thaw the earth, I’m in heaven. The heat brings so much life and here in San Diego it means spending much more time outside.
- The Fruit. Berries of every variety. Pineapple and mango. Citrus. Grapes. Everything that brings on the sweet summer flavors.
- Longer Days. Let’s face it, the winter months are slightly depressing. The lack of sunshine takes its toll on our perception of time. Having hours of sunlight still ahead of me after I leave work fools me into feeling as though I actually have more time to accomplish all the wonderful things I want to do that day.
- Summer Nights. Bonfires. Movies in the Park. Casual gatherings with friends. Along the lines of feeling like I have more time in my day, I find the summer is filled with more evening activities. The break from the usual schedule is welcomed and very much so enjoyed.
- The Beach. Living by the beach, I find my way to the sand throughout the year. However, the summer is when I can really enjoy taking a quick dip and drying off in the ocean breeze.
- Summer Movies. They are called Summer Blockbusters for a reason. The best movies come out in summer, from comedies to comic action films. There’s always a big exciting new movie to go see.
- Rosé. Okay, I know you can drink rosé year round, but it seems so much more satisfying chilled while sitting on the patio soaking up the final rays of the day while enjoying a good book.
And now I’m off to do just that. Cheers to the rest of your weekend!